Hello Rummagers! How are you all holding up? We hope you’re all finding ways to care for yourself during this time. At the moment, we are all facing a lot of change and uncertainty, and it’s ok to feel all of the feelings right now. We wanted to check in with you all and send a little reminder that we’re all in this together. And, as a community we’ll find ways to support one another.
We’ve been really feeling the cool change! Rugging up with our winter woolies, blankets, heat wheats and of course, a cup of warmth. We’ve made an easy DIY, at-home hot chocolate recipe for you, that is comforting, and should give you a nice little energy boost for the day.
If you can find a spare 10 minutes today for a little break, we recommend sipping on this oat milk hot chocolate. We think it’s a hot chocolate that’s good for you too! This recipe is full of oat milk (good for the environment, good for your tummy), cacao powder (a good source of iron, antioxidants and magnesium), maca powder (energy boosting with iron, calcium, and potassium). We won’t pretend that coconut sugar is healthy, but it does have a nice caramel-like flavour.
1 x cup and a dash of oat milk
2 teaspoons of cacao powder
1-2 teaspoons of coconut sugar (or favourite sweetener)
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of rosewater syrup
1 teaspoon of maca powder
1. Heat your oat milk on the stove until it starts to foam and bubble.
2. Add our cacao powder, cinnamon, and coconut sugar to a mug.
(As well as your additional flavours if desired)
3. Pour a splash of the heated oat milk into your mug and stir with a teaspoon to make a paste.
4. Add a little more oat milk at a time, whilst stirring, to form smooth hot chocolate without lumps.
5. Take a 10-15 minute break, and allow yourself some time to breathe. We recommend heading to the back yard or balcony for some sunshine and fresh air.
Take care and remember to:
– check in with your mental health regularly
– do things that make you feel good
– it’s normal to feel out of sorts during this weird time
– take a break from the news and social media if it’s getting too much
– keep exercising
– reach out if you need help
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
Headspace: 1800 650 890