So, things have changed quite a bit since our last physical market! In preparation for our re-opening of Suitcase Rummage in Brisbane, we ask that you please follow our guidelines in order to keep everyone safe and minimise the risk of COVID transmission.
1. Do not attend the market if you are unwell, have flu like symptoms, have recently been tested for Covid-19 or your immunity is compromised. This ensures everyone’s safety. If you attend the market and are noticeably unwell, we may need to ask you to leave.
2. Practice good hygiene – regularly use hand sanitiser or wash hands with soap and water before drying. There will be hand sanitiser available at the entry points to the market, but we strongly recommend bringing your own supplies for ease of access, particularly when browsing between stalls! Public bathrooms are located close by all our market locations. These facilities are also a good place to wash your hands throughout the day.
3. Cover mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing – then sanitise or wash hands accordingly.
4. Practice social distancing – stand 1.5 metres from each other and other groups (this takes into account when you are looking at someone’s stall – please refrain from crowding a stall out, give consideration to the seller and remain 1.5 metres apart). Wait until one group has left a stall before moving in to browse.
5. Sanitise hands after coming in contact with money (use one of the hand sanitising stations provided and bring your own supplies).
6. We recommend you wear a face mask as an additional precaution. While our markets are outdoors, we have been advised to encourage our market stall holders to wear a face mask during the market.
7. Only 2 people can share a stall. To ensure physical distancing requirements, we can only allow 2 people per market stall. If you are sharing with a family member or friend, that’s ok, but please be mindful and practice physical distancing.
8. If you sell your ticket please contact us via email and notify us of this change. We need to have the contact details (full name, email address and contact number) on file for each stall holder attending the market.
9. We recommend you use the Covid-safe app. More information can be found here.
10. Be kind! This is a learning time for all so please be kind and respectful to staff, stalls and other customers. If you notice someone standing too close or who needs a reminder to wash their hands, please politely let them know. We’re all in this together!
It’s really important we all act sensibly and respectfully, and take care of one another! Thank you for supporting our small business.
For more information on Suitcase Rummage you can view our FAQ section and Terms and Conditions in the tabs above.